Supporting urban greening efforts―in public parks, streets and beyond―to restore natural processes and habitats while connecting neighborhoods to each other and their environment.
- Developing support tools for complete streets, including the award-winning Model Design Manual for Living Streets, Parklet Toolkit and Green Alley Case Study.
- Guiding equitable revitalization of the LA River Greenway.
- Enhancing public parks through technological innovations.
- Informing urban landscapes that provide ecosystem services.
- Supporting stormwater capture and re-use (see our Sustainabile Water Initiative).
For more information, contact Kelsey Jessup, project manager. Other researchers include:
Anastasia Loukaitou-Sideris, Professor, UCLA Urban Planning Department
Madeline Brozen, Associate Director, UCLA Lewis Center for Regional Policy Studies
Colleen Callahan, Deputy Director, UCLA Luskin Center