This April, our School will mark its 25th anniversary with the inaugural convening of a research-informed, cross-sector conversation about the major issues facing the Los Angeles region.
The summit will focus not on problems but on solutions.
- Preparing to Thrive in a Hotter Los Angeles
- Why Access to Safe, Affordable Water Is Still a Challenge in Metro Los Angeles
- Dealing with Disruption: From Public Transit to Public Mobility
- Growing Inequality in Los Angeles – Jobs and Housing
- Census 2020 and Its Impact on Los Angeles
- Can Decarceration Make Los Angeles Safer?
- Unveiling of the 2019 Los Angeles County Quality of Life Index
- Elected officials, including several mayors of L.A.-area cities
- Decision-makers in government and business
- UCLA scholars
- Civic leaders
- Difference-makers in the nonprofit and philanthropic spheres
Breakfast: 8:30 a.m.
Keynote Address: 9 a.m.
Breakout Discussions: 9:45 – 11:30 a.m.
Closing Plenary Session: 11:45 a.m.