Community choice in energy is transforming California’s electricity sector while transitioning the Golden State to carbon-free energy and serving as an effective tool for climate action. Community choice aggregators (CCAs) offer communities control over their electricity purchasing decisions.
Join us for this webinar, which features new research on how CCAs have exceeded California’s renewable energy targets and how rapid CCA growth has resulted in investor-owned utilities to also outpace California’s requirements for renewable energy. Then a discussion with energy leaders in California will address opportunities, concerns, and recommendations for the future of CCAs, clean energy policy, and system reliability in California and beyond.
- Kelly Trumbull, Energy and Climate Project Manager, UCLA Luskin Center for Innovation
- Beth Vaughan, Executive Director of CalCCA
- Angelina Galiteva, Chair, California Independent System Operator
- Tom Habashi, CEO, Central Coast Community Energy
- Edward Randolph, Deputy Executive Director for Energy and Climate Policy, California Public Utilities Commission
- JR DeShazo (Moderator) Director, UCLA Luskin Center for Innovation