Hosted by our partners at the UCLA Water Resources Group
While California is the only U.S. state to legally recognize a human right to safe, clean, affordable and accessible water, this goal is not a reality for many. This UCLA Water Resources Group panel discussion will feature the interdisciplinary perspectives of UCLA researchers and partner advocacy organizations in centering community priorities and expertise in water quality research partnerships and policy, both in California and Los Angeles specifically. The webinar will highlight both recent, novel research which has informed Human Right to Water policy progress, as well as persistent gaps. Researchers and community organizations who advocate for disadvantaged water system residents will share their experiences.
- Lara Cushing, Assistant Professor and Jonathan and Karin Fielding Presidential Chair in Health Equity, UCLA School of Public Health
- Kristin Dobbin, Postdoctoral Fellow, UCLA Luskin Center for Innovation
- Silvia R. González (moderator), Director of Research, UCLA Latino Politics & Politics Initiative
- Michael Rincon– Research and Policy Manager, Physicians for Social Responsibility-LA and State Water Resources Control Board SAFER Advisory Group
- Greg Pierce, Co-Director, UCLA Luskin Center for Innovation