Wildfires ravaged an unprecedented amount of California in the past 12 months. This session will explore the impacts of wildfires on health, low-income housing, and small water systems, as well as highlight innovative tactics to increase resiliency, especially for populations that are most vulnerable to wildfire.
- Karen Baker, Co-Chair of Listos California & Advisor, California Governor’s Office of Emergency Services
- J.R. DeShazo, UCLA Luskin School of Public Affairs (moderator)
- Michael Jerrett, UCLA School of Public Health
- Julia Kim, Climate & Energy Program Director, Local Government Commission
- Justin Knighten, Co-Chair of Listos California & Advisor, California Governor’s Office of Emergency Services
- Gregory Pierce, UCLA Urban Planning Department and Luskin Center for Innovation